To my surprise and honor, I have been nominated for the Liebster award! Thank you so much to Jen of Tadpoles and Mud Puddles who nominated me. So awesome that my Blog has come this far and has reached so many others! This is really new to me so I hope I did this correctly!
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster award is given to bloggers by bloggers. Which I think is a great idea. There’s a fantastic post of it on The Global Aussie. I don’t know if they invented it but this award has been around since 2011. The list of the rules is there.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog. So, thank you to Jen at Tadpoles and Mud Puddles
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 Random Facts about Yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs.
- Give the new nominees 11 questions to answer.
- Inform the people who have been nominated regarding their nomination.
BLOGGING: WHY DO I DO IT?
I started my Blog as more of a therapy for myself and have hopes that I can help others going through the same Teenage struggles as we/my family have been for the past 5 years now. I realized my Blog seemed a bit dark and depressing so I began adding funny stories about our life…..after all, we have a 25 yr old daughter, 19 yr old son and a 6 yr old son. So much to write about and I want my readers to know that I am staying positive (some days its difficult) and that I do have an amazing support team.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I grew up in Independence, Missouri, met my husband and moved to Lawrence, Kansas with my 2 older kiddos in 2005.
- We had a Family Dream to move to California which came true in 2013 but was short lived due to the struggles of our teenager.
- I had my 1st child/my daughter at the young age of 15. Started working ever since and also continued school but ended up getting my GED so I could work a full time job to take care of her on my own.
- I do not have many friends, however, the ones I do have are extremely close friendships.
- My husband is such an amazing person, has a huge heart and raised my 2 olders as they were his own before we had our little guy in 2012. He is a builder, extremely creative and can build anything from a dining room table, shelves a bed or even a HOUSE!
- We have 1 dog named Zoey. We’re great big fans of Pit Bulls; she is a Pit Mixed which we adopted from our local Humane Society. We also have 2 cat’s, Toodles (We call her Toots) & Chubs; both also adopted from our local Humane Society.
- I love the Summer Time. Cannot stand bugs….this is a serious phobia for whatever reason.
- I love to fish. I could spend days at the lake fishing for nothing particular even just little blue-gill and toss them back. I picked this up from my Mom.
- I have a Sister who is 4 years younger than me, we look nothing alike but would do anything in the world for one another.
- As a kid, I spent a lot of time at my grandparents house who lived on a farm. We had horses, cows, pigs, etc. At a young age, I witnessed a baby calf being born with the help of the local Vet. We fed the calf out of a large bottle that was as big as I was at the time. I rode quad-runners, jumped hills and made paths in the woods with my Uncle. We are 2 years apart and he is like a brother to me. We jumped off the barn roof into the stock-tank where the cows drank and we would swim. We would hide when the cows would come in for a drink and jump up to scare them as they were drinking. (I know, how awful of us!) Lots of stories growing up here.
THE 11 QUESTIONS I HAVE TO ANSWER
- What’s one thing you didn’t know about blogging that surprised you? How difficult it would be to get actual Followers on your Blog. I have over 1300 Followers on my Facebook Blog page but not on my actual Blog.
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging? Having to create the “Featured Image” specially with the Post Name and Blog Name.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? I already feel like I have a Super-Power…..I’m a WIFE, MOMMA of 3 (one of which is struggling with Mental Health and is currently in jail-and I’m staying positive)…..I just started my own Wine Business, I also keep my Blog going and I also work out of the home.
- What is your “last meal” meal, i.e. what would you eat if you knew it would be your last meal? Mexican Food, Tacos, Chips & Salsa & Queso!
- Plane, train, or automobile? I love to fly! Haven’t been able to do it much but I enjoy it.
- What’s your favorite “cocktail party” story? We went to a wedding in Kansas City, Missouri. Left around 1AM….after driving off we realized our tire was completely flat. My husband in his suit and tie had to change the tire right there in the middle of the night in November and it was Freezing! But we made it home safely to find our little Maxwell asleep in our bed while waiting for us even though Grandma and Grandpa put him in his own bed and were in the room right next to his.
- Tell me a joke (PG, please, there are little ears around). What did the Cherry say to the Blueberry?………”Breathe!”
- What was your worst vacation and why? If we were ever able to go on a vacation even as a child, I’ve always been grateful so I am unable to answer this question.
- Let’s say you could travel with your favorite Disney character. Who would you travel with and why? I choose Jasmine, she see’s the good in others and travels on a flying rug! Who wouldn’t want to do that in their lifetime!?
- If you could invent one tool to make your life easier, what would it be? It wouldn’t necessary be a tool but a housekeeper/cook would be what I would wish for.
- What is your favorite kind of candy? Haribo Gummy Bears, the clear ones are my favorite flavor!
MY FIVE LIEBSTER NOMINATED BLOGS:
- My new friend Chelsea Rose at Rant + Wild has an extremely fun Lifestyle Blog. it’s clean and modern and shares a lot about self care and tips for other Bloggers and much more. Super Fun Blog!
- Mrs. SBF aka Lysa with Sagebrush Farm NV is a Mom and grandma, “a “foodie” and spends much of her time in the kitchen. She loves all things pertaining to house and home, so keep an eye out for recipes, decor updates, gardening angst and triumphs, product reviews, Etsy listings and other “homey” happenings!” She is always positive and motivational and is extremely thoughtful of others. I’m grateful to have her in our Blogging Community.
- Melissa is from 4 Kids And Chocolate is a wife, mother of four, and business owner. In her free time she loves to write. “There is a healing power in it. I hope that I can share my thoughts and be an inspiration to you.” Melissa’s Blog is spot on about being a Mommy and witnessing the Firsts to the Lasts as the Littles grow Older.
- Gina Shirley’s Everything is a Blog with A Little Bit of Everything. Lot’s of delicious recipes along with some of her personal life. She has been an inspiration to me, reached out with her kind words and the love in her heart.
- Kacie De Leon is a Blog about Mindset and how to become successful. Kacie is a SAHM who wanted more. She is now a Rockstar in her business motivating women everyday. How she does it is beyond me!
YOUR TURN NEW NOMINEES.
- Can you survive without your routine?
- How do you balance life, kid(s) and blogging AND a Career?
- What Motivates you?
- Life’s not worth living without __________?
- Do you read? If so, What?
- What’s your favorite form of exercise?
- How much time do you spend on “you”?
- If you could marry any superhero who would it be?
- What kids show theme song is stuck in your head this week?
- How much screen time do you give your kid(s) including iPads, electronics or do you have specific feelings towards these devices?
- If you could have one famous person to help in your house who would you choose?